Attorneys in our Wills, Estates & Trusts Practice Group work daily to address our clients’ estate planning and fiduciary administration needs. We advise clients in areas of traditional and complex estate and gift planning, business succession planning, charitable giving, asset protection, probate administration, and taxation. Our experience also includes issues unique to assets outside of the U.S. and non-citizens subject to U.S. tax laws.
At Spilman, we strongly believe that a solid estate plan is more than a will or trust. We work with our clients to develop an individualized, comprehensive estate plan that addresses their personal and professional concerns and objectives. We act not only as attorneys for, but also as counselors to, business owners, executives, high-net-worth individuals, professionals and their families to help them achieve their unique goals.
We also handle matters involving income, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxation, tax-exempt organizations, and controversies before the IRS and the courts. In this regard, we often work with our clients’ other professional advisors to achieve their objectives effectively and are frequently retained by other professionals because of our knowledge and experience in these complicated areas.
Our Wills & Estates and Trusts attorneys also focus on the probate of decedents’ estates and the administration of their trusts and are sensitive to complex family dynamics. We advise corporate and individual fiduciaries with their fiduciary duties and serve as counsel when litigation is involved. With attorneys qualified to act in multiple states, nonresidents frequently retain Spilman to serve as local counsel in probate and tax matters.
Our services include:
- Estate planning, disability planning and wealth preservation
- Retirement and tax planning
- Wills and trusts
- Sophisticated gift and estate tax minimization planning strategies
- Life insurance trusts
- Trust and estate administration
- Audits, examinations and other controversies before the IRS and state tax agencies
- Business succession planning
- Family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Mediator services for all wills, estates and trusts controversies
- Estate, trust and tax litigation
- Creating and administering charitable organizations
- Charitable giving
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
For more information regarding our Wills, Estates & Trusts Practice Group, contact:
John F. Allevato
David R. Croft