– The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC recently announced that several of its practice groups and attorneys were listed in the 2011 Chambers USA
annual rankings directory of leading law firms and attorneys.
annually researches the strength and reputation of law firms and individual lawyers throughout the United States. The research process includes interviewing lawyers and their clients, including influential general counsel at Fortune 100 companies, high-profile entrepreneurs and significant purchasers of legal services. Considerable credence is given to the opinions of clients.
Spilman Thomas & Battle was ranked in the following practice areas:
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Natural Resources
- Real Estate
The following Spilman Thomas & Battle attorneys received excellent rankings from the interviewees and were named leading lawyers in their respective fields:
- Michael J. Basile, Corporate/Commercial
- M. Ann Bradley, Natural Resources: Environment
- Kevin L. Carr, Labor & Employment
- William M. Herlihy, Natural Resources
- Eric W. Iskra, Labor & Employment
- Bruce M. Jacobs, Litigation: General Commercial
- Neva G. Lusk, Litigation: General Commercial
- Joyce F. Ofsa, Real Estate
- Niall A. Paul, Litigation: General Commercial
- Ronald W. Schuler, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- James A. Walls, Litigation: General Commercial
- Charles L. Woody, Labor & Employment
About Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 135 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, W.Va.; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va.