Charleston, W.Va. –
The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC (Spilman) announced that seven attorneys were named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America
. Only a single attorney is recognized as such for each practice area in each community.
The Best Lawyers in America
, published by Woodward White, Inc., is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 55,000 leading attorneys cast more than 6.7 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. More information on the research process can be found at www.bestlawyers.com
The following Spilman attorneys were named the Best Lawyers
2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective communities and practice areas:
About Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
- F. B. Webster Day: Public Finance Law (Roanoke, Virginia)
- Brian C. Helmick: Project Finance Law (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Debra Lee Hovatter: Financial Services Regulation Law (Morgantown, West Virginia)
- Bruce M. Jacobs: Financial Services Regulation Law (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Joyce F. Ofsa: Real Estate Law (Charleston, West Virginia)
- James A. Walls: Litigation – Labor and Employment (Morgantown, West Virginia)
- Hugh B. Wellons: Financial Services Regulation Law (Roanoke, Virginia)
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service, regional law firm serving local, regional, national and international businesses. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, West Virginia; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; and Roanoke, Virginia.