Charleston, W.Va. –
The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC (Spilman) announced that six attorneys were named 2016 “Lawyers of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America
. Only a single attorney is recognized as such for each practice area in each community.
The Best Lawyers in America
, published by Woodward White, Inc., is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 55,000 leading attorneys cast more than 6.7 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. More information on the research process can be found at www.bestlawyers.com
The following Spilman attorneys were named the Best Lawyers
2016 “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective communities and practice areas:
About Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
- Lee O. Hill: Public Finance Law (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Bruce M. Jacobs: Litigation – Banking and Finance (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Dale W. Steager: Tax Law (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Hugh B. Wellons: Banking and Finance Law (Roanoke, Virginia)
- Derrick Price Williamson: Energy Law (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
- Charles L. Woody: Labor Law – Management (Charleston, West Virginia)
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service, regional law firm serving local, regional, national and international businesses. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, West Virginia; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; and Roanoke, Virginia.